Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

ENVR Outgoing Greenpeace Leader: "We Lied Big-Time About Melting Arctic Ice."
+ Reply to Thread

Outgoing Greenpeace Leader: "We Lied Big-Time About Melting Arctic Ice."

EXCLUSIVE: Lies Revealed — Greenpeace Leader Admits Arctic Ice Exaggeration
    by Phelim McAleer & Ann McElhinney‏

Fair use, etc.

The outgoing leader of Greenpeace has admitted his organization’s recent claim that the Arctic Ice will disappear by 2030 was “a mistake.” Greenpeace made the claim in a July 15 press release entitled “Urgent Action Needed As Arctic Ice Melts,” which said there will be an ice-free Arctic by 2030 because of global warming.

Under close questioning by BBC reporter Stephen Sackur on the “Hardtalk” program, Gerd Leipold, the retiring leader of Greenpeace, said the claim was wrong.

“I don’t think it will be melting by 2030. … That may have been a mistake,” he said.

See more at link:

http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/am...n/#more-207706

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I found, in particular, the following paragraph quite interesting:

Quote Originally Posted by The Linked Article

Although he admitted Greenpeace had released inaccurate but alarming information, Leipold defended the organization’s practice of “emotionalizing issues” in order to bring the public around to its way of thinking and alter public opinion.
    So, not only does he admit to lying about the melting of Arctic ice, but he further attempts to justify using a manufactured set of facts as an instrument of persuasion. "It's OK if we lied, because our motives are pure," he would have us believe.

Unfortunately for Leipold, the rest of his remarks betray even that precarious position, as he later clearly states that his objective is not really the protection of the planetary ecosphere, but crippling the world economy so as to hamper growth, which he apparently sees as a bad thing for some reason.

You don't need to buy a single thing Rush Limbaugh, et al, may say about the environmentalist whackjobs. All the proof you need about their motives is provided in this interview with Gerd Leipold, the outgoing head of Greenpeace.

The Obama Administration constitutes a pseudocompetocracy, i.e., rule by those whose primary skill is in feigning competence.

Don't you understand? He was lying to you for your own good. (And the polar bears.) I'm sure that was a real dilemma for him and we should all appreciate his sacrifice. It ain't easy being green.

Quote Originally Posted by dissimulo View Post
    Don't you understand? He was lying to you for your own good. (And the polar bears.) I'm sure that was a real dilemma for him and we should all appreciate his sacrifice. It ain't easy being green.
    Green like SCUM?

This is a good time for a Traderism: 'Don't believe anything you hear and only 1/2 of what you see.'
    [URL=" http://grantbo.wordpress.com "][SIZE="2"][B]Grantbo's Misadventures[/B][/SIZE][/URL] [SIZE="2"]<<< 40 stories of when Grantbo's life went horribly wrong[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Grantbo View Post
    This is a good time for a Traderism: 'Don't believe anything you hear and only 1/2 of what you see.'
    Or be like me and do not believe anything that you cannot physically confirm for yourself.

Just like is the Sun *really* huge and all? Well, everyone says it is but I can go outside and hold up a quarter and cover the Sun with it so unless I can verify what others say about it I say it is the size of a quarter.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

Photography Portfolio

GetMeOffDisability

Sat;

I've maintained for years that electricity does not exist. It's a scam!

What makes thing work is smoke.

You'll notice that everytime smoke leaves an "electrical device", it quits working.

Coincidence? I think not!
    .: "The Constitution died years ago! It would be kind to say that hardly anyone noticed. In reality, most cheered."
    "It may be that the American people aren't educated, or interested enough to sustain a free society." P.C. Roberts :.

And I dispute Gravity.

There is no such thing.

The world just sucks.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

Photography Portfolio

GetMeOffDisability

Quote Originally Posted by fredkc View Post
    Sat;

You'll notice that everytime smoke leaves an "electrical device", it quits working.

- -

Quote Originally Posted by fredkc View Post
    Sat;

+100

DM

Quote Originally Posted by Satanta View Post
    And I dispute Gravity.

There is no such thing.

The world just sucks.
    That, too!

DM