Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

PREP Are You Ready?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are You Ready?

Are You Ready?

Something that continues to spiral through my mind, am I ready? The worlds swings like a pendulum, tic toc to what is to come. All anyone with a half has to do is pick up a news paper, and some knowledge of history, and they will have some not so good feelings about the future. Despite how many preps a person has, despite how many guns, the most important prep is your mind. How does a person prepare themselves for an apocalypse? Even if it was to be a small one?

I know this has been mentioned before, but for a moment lets forget all the drama on here, and the who dunnit stuff. We can always go back to that later in private. But instead think about something far bigger then anyone person, or anyone disagreement. We are on the raggedy edge, and if we are not careful we will fall off. Preps be damned. One thing I think everyone needs, is a way to get away from their crap in their lives. Even if it is just an hour walk through the park, what ever you can find nearby. People need to empty themselves out. And just relax. Hell is on the way no matter what. No matter how much we fight, no matter how much we bicker, or play who is to blame. The time for renewal is at hand. We need to get back to who we are on the inside and make peace with the beast that is coming. But in doing so that doesn't mean we give up on our beliefs, I am talking about excepting it, and learning how to survive it; possibly fight it.

Not talking about a war here, just surviving what ever is thrusted upon us. We are all in a boat here. We share it with like minded folk and we share it with people we really wish we didn't have too. But we do. We have the chance to be a team and to work as a one. And we have a chance to tear each other apart. When the day comes when we are on our own, the people we share the boat with is either gonna have to learn how to live with each other, or be on their merry. We need to envision all hell breaking lose from time to time in our heads, think what are we gonna do in this case, and so on.

Doesn't mean we have to dwell on it so much that it takes our breathe away to the point we break down. It means we come to terms with it. We come to terms with what God we believe in, or what ever it is that guilds us. There was a time when this country was not ours, when men and women had to come to terms with their homes falling apart and gun shots, and cannon fire was exchanged in their back yards. When mothers home alone had to vaccinate their children from disease while their husbands fought in a God awful war. When one misstep, and it meant life or death. Imagine no grocery store to supply food. No clean water. No power company. Imagine your entire bunker (be it what ever your bug out place is) is destroyed for some reason. Or a group of thugs take it from you. How about defending your family? How about when the PTB come along and have sweet non-freedom deals to help you get away from such a life style.

Horrid events are nasty, but its the locus that herald them that are the worst. And I doubt when we pull back together that our new and improved gov will be any better then this one. We have a lot of mental prep to do, and it will never be done. All we can do is do our best. We need to allow ourselves to be able to break, but also to be able to reassembled.

It's time for a reminder, that all of us ready to survive the hell that flies in on the horizon, be prepared for what catastrophes are heading our way.
    "I swear upon my pretty floral bonnet, if your hand touches metal I will end you!"

Being prepped for a disaster, and being ready for one, are two very different things.
    [SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrchid"]I'm not crazy. I've just been in a very bad mood for 40 years.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="2"][I]You're not famous until someone says they put you on ignore[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="SeaGreen"]If there's a bright center to the universe, we're on the planet that it's farthest from.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by fruit loop View Post
    Being prepped for a disaster, and being ready for one, are two very different things.
    Ain't that the truth.

Some of the recent stories in the news; the pilot who saved his passengers by landing on the river, the passenger who landedd a plane when the pilot died, the brave sea captain and the seals who came to his rescue, give me hope that there are brave wonderful people out there and that just maybe things will be better than we think. Barb

Quote Originally Posted by fruit loop View Post
    So true Miss fruits, so true. Last year I was out in a lake at a music slash camping event. Well I don't know how to swim, but I wasn't too deep at first. I figured I could handle it ok, and besides, I didn't learn when I was a child because of my fear. Now that I am older I figured I would be fine. Then I almost drowned. I was litterally in over my head. The ground dissapeared from my feet, and the sky became dense and bubbelly. I was bobbing in and out of the surface sptting water out of mouth so that I wouldn't swallow any, I did everything I could to spit water out, and to breathe air in; and to keep my body floating. I knew at that very time panic would be the death of me, but my mind wasn't in the mood for my common sense. I guess it felt no need for it since I neglected to use it in the first place.

I wasn't as prerpared for it as I thought I was, I wasn't going anywhere that I couldn't keep my head above the water, but I went too far thinking I had it covered. My logic failed me. Thank God there was a couple not far from me, and the guy gave me a hand and pulled towards him. Though there were a lot of ppl out, where I was no one could see me.

It's those small things that ppl take for granted, but isn't there to save ya when u need them. Mental prep is the best prep.
    "I swear upon my pretty floral bonnet, if your hand touches metal I will end you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Barb View Post
    Some of the recent stories in the news; the pilot who saved his passengers by landing on the river, the passenger who landedd a plane when the pilot died, the brave sea captain and the seals who came to his rescue, give me hope that there are brave wonderful people out there and that just maybe things will be better than we think. Barb
    Yep yep, there have been some real heroes latly, and I thank God for them.

I think you're posting what is on the mind of many here.

Both sets of my grandparents survived the depression, no one starved to death, one family had 11 kids, the other grandparents lived in another country, had 3 kids. Some did without shoes at times, and sometimes they ate pea soup for 2 weeks, but they all lived through it. The American kids all grew up knowing how to hunt and shoot and provide game. The depression was not a time of convenience, so they walked quite a bit.

If what was coming is like the previous (manufactured) depression, it would merely be a time of hardship, but this isn't like any depression, we have evil people at the controls, a world dictatorship, currency, church and marking system right around the corner. Since this, IMO, is where and why this is all going where it is, my prognosis for the future is good and bad. I'm pre-Trib, so expect before things get too severe, we'll be lifted up and out (before the identity of the anti-Christ is known).

TPTB must knock us to our knees in order to make us be willing to accept and participate in the global takeover. If you can't grow your own garden, will you take the mark (it's not mandatory, it's a choice) if you can't feed your family and can't get food? Those who won't take the number are shut out, likely shipped to the camps for beheading.

What your future holds depends upon your beliefs. If you're a Christian you will have a tough time along with everyone else, for a time. God has seen fit to prep you. I know some here, including myself are in an unsafe area with very minimal preps, and cannot change that. I was wondering last night if that is for a reason, perhaps we don't make it for very long, or perhaps we all go and our preps are going to be utilized by others (which is why I bought Bibles to stuff in among the preps).

The general timeline is easily discernable, the Bible says Christ returns for his people within a generation of Israel returning to the land, which happened in 1948, 61 years ago this May. We won't know the hour or day, but are to be ready and expecting it, yet living our lives as if He wasn't coming back. If you can manage it, begin changing your attitude about the coming times, think of them as exciting instead of horriffic. Your mindset will help you survive.

(edited: well said Fruity)
    Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is Liberty. II Cor. 3:17

Kriya Yogi dwelling in enchanted land of Cascadia
    Definitely not ready, not wanting anything bad to happen. Used to be prepped, will be again when unpacked, but not to bunker extent. If I could use guns, I'd go all the way with the bunker. Actually, the Aspergers is getting better; for the last few weeks I've been able to use the hoses without any awkward self-dousings. So maybe someday I'll be able to learn to shoot, but one absent-minded moment = death with a gun so will probably just be a moderate prepper.

Quote Originally Posted by Flippper View Post
    I think you're posting what is on the mind of many here.

Both sets of my grandparents survived the depression, no one starved to death, one family had 11 kids, the other grandparents lived in another country, had 3 kids. Some did without shoes at times, and sometimes they ate pea soup for 2 weeks, but they all lived through it. The American kids all grew up knowing how to hunt and shoot and provide game. The depression was not a time of convenience, so they walked quite a bit.

If what was coming is like the previous (manufactured) depression, it would merely be a time of hardship, but this isn't like any depression, we have evil people at the controls, a world dictatorship, currency, church and marking system right around the corner. Since this, IMO, is where and why this is all going where it is, my prognosis for the future is good and bad. I'm pre-Trib, so expect before things get too severe, we'll be lifted up and out (before the identity of the anti-Christ is known).

TPTB must knock us to our knees in order to make us be willing to accept and participate in the global takeover. If you can't grow your own garden, will you take the mark (it's not mandatory, it's a choice) if you can't feed your family and can't get food? Those who won't take the number are shut out, likely shipped to the camps for beheading.

What your future holds depends upon your beliefs. If you're a Christian you will have a tough time along with everyone else, for a time. God has seen fit to prep you. I know some here, including myself are in an unsafe area with very minimal preps, and cannot change that. I was wondering last night if that is for a reason, perhaps we don't make it for very long, or perhaps we all go and our preps are going to be utilized by others (which is why I bought Bibles to stuff in among the preps).

The general timeline is easily discernable, the Bible says Christ returns for his people within a generation of Israel returning to the land, which happened in 1948, 61 years ago this May. We won't know the hour or day, but are to be ready and expecting it, yet living our lives as if He wasn't coming back. If you can manage it, begin changing your attitude about the coming times, think of them as exciting instead of horriffic. Your mindset will help you survive.

(edited: well said Fruity)

Although I have to yet to see a scripture that backs pre-trib, I do hope u are right. I do not believe in it, nor disbelieve it as I have yet to see enough proof. But like I said, I want it to be true. But what if it is not? What if people are wrong on the pre-trib since so many of us Christians can't agree on it?

But yes u are right, work at changing the mindset. Though for many as they lose those they love to the events around them, will have a harder time seeing it as exciting times. But then the ones that go first will be the blessed ones. I do like the way you think about the preps, if u don't get to use them in the event something happens to you, then they are left for others. That thought too has come to my mind.

Nice pos and yes I for one am very glad your still with us.

Quote Originally Posted by sssarawolf View Post
    Nice pos and yes I for one am very glad your still with us.
    Why ty, that means a lot!

FLIPPER I just love your posts. I don't post often here but you have a wonderful way of seeing inside my brain and making the words come out all nice & organized. I also believe in the pre-trib & hopefully I'll get to meet you on the other side someday!

Quote Originally Posted by Utopianwar View Post
    Although I have to yet to see a scripture that backs pre-trib, I do hope u are right. I do not believe in it, nor disbelieve it as I have yet to see enough proof. But like I said, I want it to be true. But what if it is not? What if people are wrong on the pre-trib since so many of us Christians can't agree on it?

But yes u are right, work at changing the mindset. Though for many as they lose those they love to the events around them, will have a harder time seeing it as exciting times. But then the ones that go first will be the blessed ones. I do like the way you think about the preps, if u don't get to use them in the event something happens to you, then they are left for others. That thought too has come to my mind.
    UTOPIAN we have reached a kind of saturation point in our household, in that we have had to make a concentrated effort to do exactly as you advocate- PULL BACK. Being news hounds & doomers it is SO HARD but we found that the anger & anxiety were begining to take a toll on our mental & emotional health. It is a real abrupt switch to do this but we had to just LET GO AND LET GOD.

If you haven't ever seen it- or maybe it's been a while- watch "The 10 Commandments" with Chuck Heston. Classic movie- they sure don't make them like that anymore! But talk about exciting times! Terrifying yet exhilirating to be under God's protection against such incredible odds. Whenever I get too nervous I think about that movie... then I crack the 'old Bible and settle down with some Ben & Jerry's. Good medicine!

And to all my Christian brothers and sisters-I would give you my extra preps in a heartbeat! Heck maybe even some for the athiests too

An 8 by 10 painting of Barack Obama and his unicorn Penelope. Penelope's horn is the famous Knoxville Tennessee Sunsphere, once featured in a Simpson's cartoon and originally constructed for the 1982 World's Fair. I'll be happy to add custom lettering to the banner for the winning bidder.

This was painted as a way of saying thanks to the folks at Knoxblab, who have had nice things to say about my work in the past. Thanks!

Obama Knoxville Tennessee Sunsphere Unicorn - Ebay Art Auction
    Posted by Dan Lacey @ 2:28 AM

re: pre-trib, post-trib arguments,

i;ve held both views, then none, but then i heard this radio broadcast by a pastor i highly respect, and was amazed at the soundness of his position (in favor of pre-trib),
    thought you would find it interesting

http://www.oneplace.com/ministries/T...?bcd=2009-3-17

doesn't mean that i'm giving away all my preps.
    my homestead has been a lifetime preoccupation
    not about to change anything about that.
    continuing with the gardens, solar stuff, composting etc.
    ” Watch ye therefore and pray always that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass and to stand before the Son of Man”
    Luke 21:36

COLLAPSE NOW: avoid the rush

Quote Originally Posted by NC Susan View Post

An 8 by 10 painting of Barack Obama and his unicorn Penelope. Penelope's horn is the famous Knoxville Tennessee Sunsphere, once featured in a Simpson's cartoon and originally constructed for the 1982 World's Fair. I'll be happy to add custom lettering to the banner for the winning bidder.

This was painted as a way of saying thanks to the folks at Knoxblab, who have had nice things to say about my work in the past. Thanks!

Obama Knoxville Tennessee Sunsphere Unicorn - Ebay Art Auction
    Posted by Dan Lacey @ 2:28 AM
    That is tooo funny! Awesome painting!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sugaree View Post
    FLIPPER I just love your posts. I don't post often here but you have a wonderful way of seeing inside my brain and making the words come out all nice & organized. I also believe in the pre-trib & hopefully I'll get to meet you on the other side someday!

UTOPIAN we have reached a kind of saturation point in our household, in that we have had to make a concentrated effort to do exactly as you advocate- PULL BACK. Being news hounds & doomers it is SO HARD but we found that the anger & anxiety were begining to take a toll on our mental & emotional health. It is a real abrupt switch to do this but we had to just LET GO AND LET GOD.

If you haven't ever seen it- or maybe it's been a while- watch "The 10 Commandments" with Chuck Heston. Classic movie- they sure don't make them like that anymore! But talk about exciting times! Terrifying yet exhilirating to be under God's protection against such incredible odds. Whenever I get too nervous I think about that movie... then I crack the 'old Bible and settle down with some Ben & Jerry's. Good medicine!

And to all my Christian brothers and sisters-I would give you my extra preps in a heartbeat! Heck maybe even some for the athiests too
    So true!!!

on the topic of "readiness".... for those who don't think they need to be ready...

how can anyone truly be ready if they expect to rapture out of here before their "readiness" would be tested?

as an alternative, how about this....

When is the rapture?

come on now, show some courage and click the link. If you don't have THAT much courage, how will you EVER survive what is coming.....because you WILL be here for the tribulation....

ponder this alternative view of the tribulation...

Quote Originally Posted by Buckster View Post
    on the topic of "readiness".... for those who don't think they need to be ready...

how can anyone truly be ready if they expect to rapture out of here before their "readiness" would be tested?

as an alternative, how about this....

When is the rapture?

come on now, show some courage and click the link. If you don't have THAT much courage, how will you EVER survive what is coming.....because you WILL be here for the tribulation....

ponder this alternative view of the tribulation...

Courage to click on a link. You're too funny. Not saying I don't like the link, I found it interesting. But what's up with the dramtic presentation? And That 3 page document doesn't help us prepare for what is coming, it is only giving a time line according to the bible. But not a specific timeline. It something that is not lost on those who read the bible. Though I do not agree there is no way from I have seen that says we are there or not there. Maybe it will be both. Maybe God will take some us, but not all of us. Maybe not everyone who is a Christain will be ready to be harvested. We don't know, we can only hope, or we can only guess. Show me proof beyond opinion, proof that God himself said, either way, and I will change my tune.

I say do what you can to do what God wants from us, and leave at that. We cannot let our opinions override the bible. If we do, then we are basically saying we know more then God. I hope to be raptured out, but I prepare for the chance we are not. God does love to test our faith, what better test then to live through such hell? But there again, just an opinion.