Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

{ot}Pay Pal ?
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: {ot}Pay Pal ?

{ot}Pay Pal ?

My old credit card expired, so I went in today and put in the new one that replaces the old one.... NOW it says I gotta wait for some transaction number from my bank statement to use the dang account which could take weeks or you can look it up online if you do online banking in 4 days... What the crap???

When did this start? I could spit nails I'm so mad, I went to put my order in with Shane when I found this out... They also say NOT to call your credit card company for the information. So I broke down and put in my checking account (which I have now removed) seems that takes days also as you have to put in amount of two small deposits they send to you over the next few days before you can use that either... I hate PAL PAY!

Kath

Sounds to me like Pay Pal may have been stiffed out of a significant amount of funds due to credit card or bank fraud.

By requiring a transaction number, or verification of deposits they make into an account, they can "prove" that you are the actual owner of the account number you have provided to them.

It makes sense in a way. If my purse was stolen, the thief would have my credit card numbers and my checking account numbers. It is unlikely for them to be able to easily obtain my account statements though. Petty thieves (in my case, they would really need to be seeking petty cash ) prefer simple schemes, not something that would would require significant risk, time, and planning on their part.

Join the club Vipper. The PayPal haters club. I quit them like a bad habit a few months ago. Just do a search with most any search engine to see what kind of dirt there is about PayPal on the internet. I finally figured out it was much easier to use my debit card to pay for online purchases instead of using PayPal. I have nothing nice to say about them so I won't say anything at all.

PayPal is anti-American.

I tried to sign up and I got everything done and got the email to verify my account and 'oops' there was no veri number or link to verify. So I went to PP and they logged me in with an unverified email and won't let me do anything until I verify my account. so I resubmit for a new verification number...get the email and it's a clone of the first.

I then go to their help and go thru it for an hour before I finally get the email address for their help...which comes to me as "If this does not answer your question please follow the inumerable links and get another automated response..."

screw em.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"My Shoes are too Tight. But it is ok as I have forgotten how to Dance."

Yet another PayPal fan club member here also.
    Use 'em absolutely as rarely as possible, and have absolutely refused to part with that number.

I'm almost tempted to ask if the same...whatever...owns PayPal as owns EzBoard, but I already know that answer...

R

Kath, I just joined PP the other day so I could order from Shane. Had no problem joining or placing my order. I did mess up when I went back to their site because I thought I had to click on the verified member login. That's when it asked for a bank account number. After stewing for a bit, I went back and started over and did not click on the verified member thing. That time I had no problem at all and even managed to make a donation to Timebomb
    Visit my Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/TheCrochetFarm

If we aren't showing love, His love, then what are we doing calling ourselves Christians?

Psalm 73: 25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
    And earth has nothing I desire besides you.
    26 My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart
    and my portion forever.

I've been a verified member of PP for a couple of years at least. No problems or glitches. Handy way to pay for things or receive funds for my business.

I have also been a member for years, but my credit card expired and my bank issued a new one to replace it after the take over. So I deleted the old one and added the new one and now I can't use it until I get a statement with some stupid number....

This is a copy of what they sent me:

Dear Katherine ########,

This is a reminder that we need you to enter your Member Number.
    The credit card to which we sent the Member Number was added to
    your PayPal account on 12 June 2002, and ends in ####.

How to enter your Member Number:

PayPal has charged a $1.95 membership fee to your credit card. You can
    obtain and enter your Member Number by following the steps below:

1. In the item description section of your next credit card
    statement, your 4-digit Member Number will be printed next
    to the $1.95 PayPal Membership Fee. Check your next
    statement to find your unique Member Number.

2. Click the link below and type in your unique Member Number:

[url}removed

If you access your credit card statement online, it may take up to
    4 business days for your Member Number to appear. If you do not have
    online access to your credit card statement, please wait for your
    printed statement to be mailed to you.*

You will be able to use this funding source after you have successfully
    entered your Member Number.

Sincerely,

PayPal Credit Card Services

*PayPal strongly discourages users from calling their credit card
    companies in order to obtain their PayPal Member Number before receiving
    their monthly statements in the mail. If PayPal receives a complaint from
    Visa, MasterCard, or your card issuer regarding your account, your PayPal
    account may be permanently closed.

----------------------------------------------------------------
    PROTECT YOUR PASSWORD

NEVER give your password to anyone and ONLY log in at
    [url] removed If anyone asks for your password, please
    follow the Security Tips instructions on the PayPal website.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

I would avoid Paypal based on general principle: it's another avenue for someone to tap into your bank account. Do you really want that?

Kath;

I have used paypal a number of times, and had to change
    credit cards, I just never chose to become a verified member.

I am as yet un verified and use paypal anyway. As I understand
    it, the Veryify thingy is if you want instant acess or some
    type of nonsence I never did need or use.

You might just try using it and see if it works unverified....

Just a thought

HA,

I tried got this message:

KI4U

Error Detected

Before you may complete this payment, you must complete your PayPal Membership by successfully entering your Member Number. You may then return to the merchant's site to initiate this payment again.

Continue

================

I guess if you have to use a new credit card now you have to be verified.... I've used it for years with no problem until today when I had to enter the new credit card... I'm stumped.... Either it's a new policy or something stinks in Denmark...

Kath

Kath;

Bummer, I guess I would call shane, get him to ship
    and tell him the check is in the mail

Tell him I vouch for your credit, heheheehh

Seriously, I bet if you call shane he can work something out....

Heck who else uses the old, the dog ate my homework(KI)
    excuse anymore

He has to trust you

HA,

I just got of the phone with my bank and got all set up for the online banking so I'll be able to see I hope. They only post the prior days banking info though online. I can find out when the $1.95 hits though through the phone line banking info. She was pretty nice said she'd give me the info when I find out it's been put through....

What a week I tell ya...

Got an appointment tomorrow to have my foot x-rayed since it's swollen up to the ankle now since yesterday and walking on it is just about impossible. MIL thinks I fractured it last Saturday night when I injured it up at the farm....

I think I need a drink or a vacation from my life for a few LOL....

Kath

I started using PP at ebay about a month ago. Somehow I worked my way thru the verification process and got it right I didn't give them any of my bank account numbers. My CC has a checking account feature somewhere but I never use it. It also has a fairy godmother feature to take care of problems. Works great. The only problem I had was being required to pay nys sales tax separately on an item (Gotti's relatives own Albany). The send money thing took a few minutes to figure out but works ok. No complaints about PayPal from me

We have used PayPal for thousands of transactions from our accounts both sending and receiving funds and have never had a problem.

If anyone has a problem they want addressed try this email address damon@paypal.com

He is great and has helped thousands of people.

Rayjay

and I guess that they are anti-2nd doesn't mean squat. I use money orders, thanks anyway.
    "It ain't no secret I didn't get these scars falling over in church."

"My Shoes are too Tight. But it is ok as I have forgotten how to Dance."

Join the club Vipper. The PayPal haters club. I quit them like a bad habit a few months ago. Just do a search with most any search engine to see what kind of dirt there is about PayPal on the internet. I finally figured out it was much easier to use my debit card to pay for online purchases instead of using PayPal. I have nothing nice to say about them so I won't say anything at all.

Paypal is anti second

It must bother them a great deal then when I buy gun stuff off ebay using Paypal...

Okay figured I'd update this with what PayPal told me. (Found there phone number at PayPalSucks.com LOL) Seems when I changed my credit card with PayPal they said the bank that my credit card uses was down temporarily thus they couldn't verify it at that moment. RATHER than just trying again later to verify it; they force you to join PayPal with a $1.95 change to your card. The member verification crap starts automatically they say and even If I had deleted the account to start over I would have gotten another $1.95 charge on the card again because it was in the verify card group now. I got the number from my bank yesterday afternoon and have now verified the member number so my order finally went through.... ARGH! What a crock of crap this is... My bank stated that their computers were not down at all on the 12th of June. Makes ya wonder if PayPal does this randomly to get forced membership doesn't it????

Kath