Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Arata-Zhang LENR Demonstration - COLD FUSION!!!
+ Reply to Thread

Arata-Zhang LENR Demonstration - COLD FUSION!!!

whoa...

o)<

mike

http://newenergytimes.com/news/2008/...Arata-Demo.htm

Arata-Zhang LENR Demonstration
    By Steven B. Krivit
    New Energy Times
    May 22, 2008

OSAKA, JAPAN -- Against a monumental backdrop of bad publicity for cold fusion since 1989, researchers in Japan on May 22 demonstrated the production of excess heat and helium-4, the results of an historic low-energy nuclear reaction experiment.

Yoshiaki Arata receiving Preparata Award in 2007
    Photo: S.B. Krivit

The mastermind behind the demonstration is Yoshiaki Arata, a highly respected physicist in Japan who has been the recipent of Japan's highest award, the Emperor's Prize, and is the first person to have performed thermonuclear fusion research in Japan.

A lecture by Arata preceded the demonstration before a live audience in Arata Hall (named in his honor) at the Joint and Welding Research Institute at Osaka University. The demonstration took place in the Osaka University Advanced Science Innovation Center with the help of Arata’s associate, Yue Chang Zhang.

Professor Akito Takahashi of Osaka University was an eyewitness to the demonstration.

"Arata and Zhang demonstrated very successfully the generation of continuous excess energy (heat) from ZrO2-nano-Pd sample powders under D2 gas charging and generation of helium-4," Takahashi wrote. "The demonstrated live data looked just like data they reported in their published papers (J. High Temp. Soc. Jpn, Feb. and March issues, 2008). This demonstration showed that the method is highly reproducible."

Takahashi wrote that 60 people from universities and companies in Japan and a few people from other countries attended, as well as representatives from six major newspapers (Asahi, Nikkei, Mainichi, NHK, et al.) and two television stations.

In an earlier conversation with New Energy Times, Arata offered his perspective on "cold fusion" research, which is now known more properly as low-energy nuclear reaction research.

"Some people say we have reached the end of science, that there are no more great discoveries that remain. In my view, nature always has more secrets to reveal," Arata wrote. "I always stay on guard not to be too possessed by my own current knowledge. History has shown us repeatedly, for example, the foolishness of denying 'heliocentricism,' which resulted from individuals adhering too strongly to their own knowledge or to what was common sense in the past."

New Energy Times will have a more complete report in the next issue on July 10.

Arata-Zhang Demo Announcement

Last edited by alchemike; 05-23-2008 at 11:56 AM.
    black is white...

Wow, this could remake the worlds energy use if this reproduced in labs across the world.

I didn't see this story on any of our major news networks. I suppose it had to be bumped to make room for the announcement of the winners of American Idol and Dancing With The Stars. After all, a pleasant voice and a slick fox-trot are the important things, right?

Call me when laboratories all over the world are reproducing the results. The biggest failure I've seen so far is that everyone else's "cold fusion breakthrough" hasn't been widely and consistently reproducible. The article somewhat touches on this in passing, but reproducing the results with the same people who brought those results to you in the first place isn't science.

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl View Post
    Call me when laboratories all over the world are reproducing the results. The biggest failure I've seen so far is that everyone else's "cold fusion breakthrough" hasn't been widely and consistently reproducible. The article somewhat touches on this in passing, but reproducing the results with the same people who brought those results to you in the first place isn't science.
    Yep.
    If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
    Marcus Aurelius