Due to the latest attacks from the haters, it was necessary for me to go into the member records and inactivate people who:
- Haven't visited / logged on to the forum in a long time
- Have been a member for some time but only have a couple posts (if any)
Why was this done?
Well, it was reported back to me that some of the banned haters planned to use "second accounts" that they'd had created for just such a contingency. Considering what a PITA these haters have been, I decided to make the ATTEMPT to disallow them their desired "secret" return. Unfortunately, many legitimate lurkers were caught up in this as well, and for that I apologize. However, there really was no reasonable alternative.
Now many of you have been in contact with myself or other staff members asking to be reinstated. If you want to be reinstated, here's what it will take:
- You will have to be more active on the forum. This is a DISCUSSION BOARD after all. If you never post (at all), how do we know that you're not one of those wanting secret re-entry? We don't.
- Your email addresses MUST be ISP-based, and not anonymous. EVERY EMAIL DOMAIN will be vetted to assure that this is the case prior to reinstatement
If you do NOT want to post, but DO want reinstatement, you will have to provide me (via PM) concrete information as to who you are. This information must include:
- A phone number which has your name on the billing account. That means NO "pay-as-you-go" cell phones
- Your real name, first and last
- The city and state in which you live
Again, you MAY NOT use an anonymous email address.
Members now will be limited to TWO reactivations. After being deactivated for the second time, your account will be permanently disabled. At that point, asking for reinstatement will be futile.
I deeply regret the lengths that I've had to go to because of the haters, but unless-and-until they're shut down for good, this is the way it has to be.
EDIT: Members who've been reinstated will have the validity of their email addresses checked periodically. Those whose email addresses are no longer valid will be inactivated immediately, and perhaps permanently.