Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 71, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

Astrodome on Lockdown
+ Reply to Thread

Astrodome on Lockdown

Astrodome on lockdown. As per Fox News. Lines of refugees trying to get debit cards have become "unruly".

Quote Originally Posted by pandora
    Astrodome on lockdown. As per Fox News. Lines of refugees trying to get debit cards have become "unruly".
    Imagine that. That will turn into a full blown robbery/riot soon. Our government is so ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by Warthog
    Imagine that. That will turn into a full blown robbery/riot soon. Our government is so ignorant.
    I disagree. I think this is just an Urban Legend. At least by next week it will be.

They want "their" cash.

I understand their situation, you need $$ in order to make some decisions. I understand that these debit cards cannot be used for alcohol. I sure hope thats true.

I heard on local radio this a.m. that HPD reports crime in the area is down by 3% since the evacuees arrived. There have been 45 arrests so far (as of 4:00 a.m.) mostly for Public Intoxication.

Austin

Down at our local downtown court. We gave them friendly reminders that alcohol laws are not the same in Texas as where they are from.

An armed society is a POLITE society, hopefully the evacuees with an overblown sense of entitlement will learn that lesson quickly, and politely.

Hundreds line up in heat for Red Cross debit cards

The Red Cross is giving debit cards Thursday, but only to evacuees registered at Reliant Park.

When word got out, hundreds of people lined up to receive their cards and the line wrapped around the Reliant Center.

Air 11 was over the scene when the crowd swelled and officials decided to temporarily close the gates leaving hundreds of people locked out.

Extra security was brought in to handle the crowd, but no problems were reported.

Some people did pass out from the heat.

Workers handed out water to the evacuees who are spending hours in line in the heat.

Red Cross workers had originally planned to hand out the cards to those registered at the GRB Convention Center on Friday, but they may put that off because of problems at the Dome.

The remaining registered evacuees staying in 25 other Red Cross shelters were scheduled to get their cards over the weekend.

The Red Cross has scheduled a 3 p.m. news conference to announce its plans.

A toll-free number will be set up for evacuees who didn't go to shelters to apply for the cards.

The cards will vary in value up to $1600 depending on the size of the family.

These cards are separate from the FEMA debit cards announced Wednesday.

FEMA began registering people for their cards Wednesday, but the cards won't be available for seven to 12 days.

http://www.khou.com/topstories/stori....390c5b56.html

Do any of these stories discuss how they are making sure people don't get in line for the cards twice? I'm thinking something like a thumbscan might be effective....
    -TECH32-

A Question the Revisionists dare not answer:
    Does a SINGLE person who is NOT lying, NOT hallucinating PROVE the existence of the gas chambers and crematoriums or not????

Quote Originally Posted by TECH32
    Do any of these stories discuss how they are making sure people don't get in line for the cards twice? I'm thinking something like a thumbscan might be effective....
    Wouldn't the little microchip be better? I mean, that would include all the neccesary data.

They have wristbands.

I don't imagine they would be easy to take off and give to anyone else without it being obvious they were cut.

Gee...I wonder what will happen once they spend the 2 grand......

Think it is a nice thing to do, but might be more money than most of them have ever had to spend at one time, so be interesting to see how it is spent, as well as how things turn out!!
    "I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." (Psalm 34:1)

How can they be sure the people getting the cards are actual refugees from the storm? Could anyone just stand in line and say they are homeless from it? They can't ask for ID as many will not have it. Just seems like it would be easy for anyone who wanted a card to just get in line. They could say they were staying with friends in the area. Or is this the "honor system"???

They got wristbands when they arrived.

They got wristbands when they arrived.
    I know they have to keep track of everyone someway but don't you know that is not very professional on a job interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixielee
    How can they be sure the people getting the cards are actual refugees from the storm? Could anyone just stand in line and say they are homeless from it? They can't ask for ID as many will not have it. Just seems like it would be easy for anyone who wanted a card to just get in line. They could say they were staying with friends in the area. Or is this the "honor system"???
    I wondered about this for about half a second...like, anyone could go and pick himself up a a few new IDs from floaters. Then of course in all probabilty you'd end up with the ID of a black male with multiple warrants on his name.

I know they have to keep track of everyone someway but don't you know that is not very professional on a job interview.
    Why would that be? Should they be ashamed that a hurricane hit them?

One of the problems I anticipated from the get go is fake death claims--you know, people claiming that their spouse died and wanting the benefit; no body, must have washed out to sea. Well, this $2,000 giveaway may prevent this. By claiming the $2K debit card they are pretty much admitting they are alive.

Still, this whole thing is going to keep laywers fat for a long time sorting through the estates.

Maybe that should be: "looting the estates".

and that's all I got to say about that.