Check out the TB2K CHATROOM, open 24/7               Configuring Your Preferences for OPTIMAL Viewing
  To access our Email server, CLICK HERE

If you are unfamiliar with the Guidelines for Posting on TB2K please read them.      ** LINKS PAGE **

*** Help Support TB2K ***
via mail, at TB2K Fund, P.O. Box 24, Coupland, TX, 78615
or

[DD2K4] -- Disaster Drill Timeline
+ Reply to Thread

[DD2K4] -- Disaster Drill Timeline

This is short on details, deliberately...

The main scenarios will come to a head during the drill itself, which will start with the EAS test alert sometime during Tuesday, 31 Aug 2004. The scenarios that require a buildup are being built up starting now and will gather steam until Tuesday.

The primary scenario's timeline:

Sometime between now and Drill Day, Iran will successfully testfire a medium-range ballistic missile. Loads of threats will come from the usual rabblerousers, and culminate in pretty much the worst thing Iran could do right about the start of Drill Day. Things will go downhill from there, in a hurry.

The secondary scenario's timeline:

This one will be on everyone suddenly. Let's just say that the grid's vulnerabilities are about to be exposed. As are the nation's ability to deal with a trifecta of disaster.

Tertiary scenarios:

1. Expect to see a new tropical storm shortly. It'll make landfall on Drill Day - stay tuned to the DD-post weather "reports" for that one. Some will show up shortly if they haven't already.

2. Expect Canada to have some interesting parallels with China over the next week. As for why/how, let's just say here that Canada's healthcare system isn't ready for what's coming. This one will show up in small snippets and build to Drill Day.

3. Terrorists are opportunistic S.O.B.s. The first reports on that are already showing up. Where and when is anyone's guess (although Drill Day sure is a bad hair day waiting to happen).

4. $49 a barrel for crude is the launch pad. That button gets pushed on Drill Day, and geostationary orbit is the first stopover. But, it might not be for reasons you'd expect.

Basically I can't give anything away without giving everything away, so for now everyone might want to not move too far forward on their own. Instead, let the volunteers build the story for you, and play along with the present so you're not too far into the future when the time comes to deliver Drill Day. A couple folks are already reaching into what we have planned for next week!

Amusingly enough, if left to your own devices, you crazed TBers would easily figure out where we're going based on what was posted so far!

The "perfect storm" is coming on Drill Day, and weather is only a part of it...

oO
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Any religion-related posts I make are as a member and not as a forum staffer, and are not intended to promote any specific agenda or doctrinal understanding as official or unofficial board policy. Official staff actions on my part will always be clearly marked as such.

Deja moo - the feeling you've seen this bull before...

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Too kewl!! Outstanding so far!!
    Susan

What's made planning for the drill interesting is the fact that four of the seven scenarios envisioned are already happening for real. Life sometimes imitates art, and every now and then life beats art to the punch.

Let's see how many of our works of fiction become fact, shall we?

oO
    IMPORTANT NOTE: Any religion-related posts I make are as a member and not as a forum staffer, and are not intended to promote any specific agenda or doctrinal understanding as official or unofficial board policy. Official staff actions on my part will always be clearly marked as such.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

4. Thanks for the time line you guys.

Keno. Oregon, just outside Klamath Falls.
    Other than oil prices, and maybe another storm, and Iran making threats, which scenarios are happening for real? (I'm a whole lot more concerned about the real stuff!!)

Kathleen

this should be GOOD!!!

I agree Scott, this should be really good!

Constructive criticism based on 20 years experience!

OddOne said "What's made planning for the drill interesting is the fact that four of the seven scenarios envisioned are already happening for real. Life sometimes imitates art, and every now and then life beats art to the punch."

Reminds me of before Gulf War 1, Stormin' Norman was supposed to come up with a war games scenerio for the following summer. Normally, they were based on the Ruskies. He got thinking that really Sadam Hussein was the man to watch and started making his war game plans accordingly. As the summer approached, more and more the fake news matched the real news.

So watch out what you put in this scenerio... It might come to pass

This is not a judgemental or an offensive remark, so take it as such..plz.

everytime i read something about this drill, i feel sick inside....i think it's because it really could happen.
    last nite i dreamed that at the same time we began to have this drill, the real thing was going down exactly as the drill was.

oh well, just the ramblings of a menopausal woman!

hippie

Freehold & others

Mine's one of them that's mirroring reality too closely for my comfort. Let me clarify that before anyone freaks. The scenario I worked up, (yes, I'm following a fairly strict script), is based on news of the past year but is based on worst case scenarios.

What creeps me out just a tad is those posts I've prewritten are in some instances, mirrored, (sort of), in real press. News articles, (not necessarily medical), are feeding into my scenario as if those news agencies are playing.

They can go off on a completely different track anytime they wish now - lol.

What I'm doing is supposed to be DRILL, time for folks to see if they'd be ready, NOT a mirror of any reality I'm aware of currently.

OddOne:

Silly question perhaps, but is there a way you can tell us which posts are part of the "official" timeline/scenario versus the stuff the rest of us are adding ad hoc? I guess we need a list of who is involved as "cast members" as opposed to the audience participation players.

TIA

Coast Watcher

That might be a good idea CW. OO, you might post a "cast of characters" (heh) and PERHAPS a non-specific description of each person's scenario....

I'm getting "goosebumps" already. ...This drill is a GREAT idea. Of course I think we just MAY be, as they say "tempting fate." Oh well, put on your hard hats people & lets ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiohippie
    This is not a judgemental or an offensive remark, so take it as such..plz.

everytime i read something about this drill, i feel sick inside....i think it's because it really could happen.
    last nite i dreamed that at the same time we began to have this drill, the real thing was going down exactly as the drill was.

oh well, just the ramblings of a menopausal woman!

hippie
    This WON'T make you feel better, I'm afraid...

The last major EAS drill was planned for September 10-11, 2001. What ended up going out obviously wasn't a drill.

Additionally, more than half of what we had planned is happening for real, albeit not in the way and not with the speed we're envisioning. (See CS' post in this thread, for example.) The possibility exists, as it always does for any drill, that we may have to announce that a drill scenario is actually happening for real, in which case it will be retired immediately from the drill and a thread started to that effect.

But, that's what a drill like this is for - in part to test the server farm, and in part to give the membership an opportunity to test their own plans and preps. That way if life does decide to imitate art you'll be ready.

oO

EXCELENT!!!!!

GREAT WORK MODERATORS!!!!
    An excelent idea whos time has come!
    Thank you for keeping us on our toes
    mr B

i appreciate all the hard work, but man i am uneasy about this!

hip

Anyone thought about the true random variable?

A late night telephone call warning of the impending attack . . . a wife who is desperately trying to sleep and not a prepper? Things could turn into a true disaster drill in the Kimber household.

David

"everytime i read something about this drill, i feel sick inside....i think it's because it really could happen.

oh well, just the ramblings of a menopausal woman!"

To be forwarned is to be forarmed........I appreciate the drill; it will be a good evaluation time just like Charley...........I hope you include the "Dark Winter" scenario, as it is extremely appropriate and I believe highly effective to cripple our structure; especially the timeline involved........................

Let's rock................

Kimber,

As to your non-prepper DW, what can I say.....oops , just kidding.

But, it may turn a DGI into a prepper.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiohippie
    i appreciate all the hard work, but man i am uneasy about this!
    That's a common sentiment - we already found a weakness in TB's layout and the test hasn't even started yet.

However, yes, we do have an exit strategy for cutting the drill short or aborting altogether in case bad things happen in meatworld.

oO

Wow gang, thanks for the stain making scenarios

[deleted obvious goof]

ALSO, my alpha pager a, timex watch, can only handle 80 char.
    < $40 with a free years skytel service

Big thanks!
    Last edited by ofuzzy1; 08-25-2004 at 11:17 AM.

Sounds like fun, as well as a very good idea, will be happy to take part.

Quote Originally Posted by OddOne
    This WON'T make you feel better, I'm afraid...

The last major EAS drill was planned for September 10-11, 2001. What ended up going out obviously wasn't a drill.......oO
    You've got my attention - that's scary!!
    "If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under." - Ronald Reagan

Today's Health Care System: "Organized Chaos without Common Sense!" - YT

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me." - Exd 20:3

For convenience, would it be possible to keep a Hi-Pri thread with an actual timeline of every event that's occurred so far, with no commentary, and updated everytime something new happens? Just a single line each, with a brief blurb of the particular event? For those of us without the time to carefully scan through the entire forum, it would be a big help.

Thanks.

I'm locked and loaded!

(Meaning I put new batteries in my wireless mouse and trimmed by nails ;_))

Bring it ON baby!@

--aragona